Friday, July 21, 2006

Straying from Best Blog Intentions

I find I've strayed from my best blog intentions. I started this blog as a compendium of notes and articles to help my seventeen (now eighteen)-year old son launch his own mission to be independent and self-reliant.

Some posts, as I review them, have furthered that original purpose; others have meandered off onto other tangential paths.

Bo is eighteen now. He's in summer school and, despite summer school being a total of 20 days long, in trouble with biology. He didn't graduate this spring, lacking credits. He still doesn't have a job. The sweet used 95 Camry has been sold. He's biking it.

I'm looking back at my original list of topics in the back of my pocket calendar. It lists the following, in brainstorm order:

Topics - Move Out Boot Camp

  • Taxes
  • Deposits & Downpayments
  • Staples - Pantry
  • Cooking 101
  • Cleaning 101
  • Laundry - Remedial
  • What's a Budget?
  • Banking
  • Insurance & Taxes
  • Credit
  • Utilities & Computers
  • Savings & Investments
  • Roommates
  • Transportation & Travel
  • Shopping
  • Working, Career, Education
  • Pets
  • Health & Safety

I think it's time to go back to this blog's roots and not stray too far from my best blog intentions.

No comments: